When I first made the list in January, I had no idea that Covid19 would jump ship from China and create a worldwide lockdown. With all the changes to travelling and things that people can do, there are some things on my list that probably won’t be possible this year. I am going to try and do as many as I can though, and maybe push the list to things I can do next year when the world has a new normal that includes travel. I am making an adjustment to one of the things on the list. Instead of no screen Sunday, I am doing no social media Sunday as I have to spend most of my time solo and the weekend is the best time to talk to most of my friends and family.
The good news is, I have been accepted to an academic conference, and for the moment is still scheduled to take place, which means I will be able to present at an academic conference. Thank you, British Educational Research Association. This will be the first time that I present my updated thesis and I cannot wait. Hopefully, it doesn’t get cancelled like everything else in the world. The conference is in Liverpool, and I’ve never been there, so I am looking forward to that as well. I’d even settle for a virtual conference.
I’ve also put a plan in place thanks to the wombmate to lose the 20lbs. She has lost almost 35 lbs and has 20 left, so we have become virtual workout buddies and send each other progress reports every day to make sure that we are being active. It is a lot tougher for her because she has two babies, but she is killing it. I’ve started meal prepping as well and planning out better meals and getting more protein into my diet, so I am hoping that by our goal of October we can be 20lbs lighter.
The only good thing about the virus is that fitness people are posting at-home workouts that don’t require equipment, so I have an endless supply to work through and keep from going completely stir crazy. When I start naming all the plants in my flat, please send help.
Just a reminder of the list:
- Visit 3 new countries
- Present at an academic conference
- Solo author a paper
- Lose the 20lbs I gained in the last year due to bad choices and stress
- Do yoga at least twice a week
- Write at least one new post a week that has nothing to do with work
- Make a dent in my student loan
- Finally get my UK driving license
- Participate in No Screen Sunday and stay off my phone and all social media on Sundays
- Keep the toxic people from returning to my bubble
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Go camping
- Celebrate passing my viva
- Improve my Spanish proficiency
Meal prep to help balance my diet (and to help with number 4)
- Get on an academic committee
- Officially change my name on all my documents without crying (this has to be done in person so won’t happen until maybe 2021)
- Go a full 48 hours without being negative
- Don’t cancel plans with friends once I’ve made them (especially not the day of)
- Finally get my artwork from California to Scotland (although not through FedEx)