Week 15 is dedicated to my favourite topic: Things that make me laugh. I think everyone who knows me well knows that it is fairly easy to make me laugh. Well timed jokes, locking the car door as someone tries to open it, cat videos….all of these things make me laugh.
And if ever someone needed a laugh right now, it is me.
This week the one thing that has really been making me laugh is inappropriate workplace conversations. The department that I am based out of just recently hired a new research assistant, and while trying to get to know him, we were all talking about ourselves and a little bit of our background. In the course of that conversation, it came up that when I got hired on, the rest of the team who is close to my age Googled me to see what they could learn about me.
Fun fact: if you Google me, the first thing that comes up is a porn illustrator.
Yep. You read that correctly: A PORN ILLUSTRATOR! The office wondered if my supervisor had lost his marbles, and at one point I got an email from the admin assistant asking me if I liked to draw. I of course had no idea why she would ask me such a thing, and it wasn’t until I had been in the post for several months that they filled me about what happens when you Google my name. I decided to share that story with the new guy….he wasn’t impressed. Everyone in the office had a good chuckle though. I like to think that it lightened the mood.
Professionally, things have been picking up with my data collection. I was really afraid that sending out an online survey would not net me any responses, but I have been pleasantly surprised about the response rate in the last three days. I may have just figured out this whole PhD student thing.
Hi, my name is Kim and I am addicted to cute animal pictures, videos, and posts.
Taken from http://dontpkethebear.com/
The 30 Happiest Animals Of All Time
1. This gorilla that just discovered its favorite season
2. This goat that is just happy to be a goat
3. This duckling that won’t get left behind
4. This corgi that is ready for takeoff
5. This ostrich that hits that dougie
6. This dog Skyping with his owner for the first time since he was deployed overseas
7. This quokka that is the cutest marsupial possible
8. This smug little piglet all wrapped in blankets
9. This penguin that loves the snow
10. This wide-eyed puppy that is ready for anything
11. This Galapagos seal chillin’ in the shade
12. This party animal shopping for a wild night
13. This kitty that just discovered the heater for the first time
14. This old rascal jumping up to greet his owner
15. This German Shepherd that wants to be a puppy again
16. This Husky going for a quick dip
17. Elmo, who is just happy to be a sheep.
18. This poofball that loves to play patty cake
19. This curious little guy that will make an excellent guide dog
20. This furball who is ready for a walk
21. This cuteness overload
22. This goose that is ready for seconds
23. This seal having the ROFL of a lifetime
24. This little guy who is on the way home from the adoption center
25. This fox that wants to be your pet dog
26. This pig enjoying its first pumpkin
27. This alligator who is positioned for the perfect scratch
28. ”Ooooh, right there, human.”
29. These three who are BFFs
30. This bulldog who just found its life-calling
I’m pouting about the fact that I have to go back to school tomorrow, and had to spend a lot of money on textbooks that I know I will never read again. In an effort to make myself feel better, I am going to post books that I wouldn’t mind seeing as part of the reading list.
*Read at your own risk…..a lot of these titles are massively inappropriate. There is no offense intended by the language, pictures, and cultural implications of these. I simply find them funny and helpful in fighting my post vacation blues.
A good introduction to anatomy and physiology.
A touching tale about love and loss.
Let’s face it, farts are funny.
Because sometimes, “follow the leader” is boring sober.
Helping little girls feel better about themselves since 1951!
Truer words have never been spoken
A good introduction to nontraditional career paths
For the days when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed
I would definitely be okay with these titles on my bookshelf. As part of being an adult though, I guess I will just have to settle for Introduction to Organizational Theory, APA style guides, and books on how to conduct mixed methods research.