I came home to books. There is nothing better than coming home after 11 hours of travel than coming home to books in the mail. A few weeks ago I joined a Facebook thing where you get 6 people to like your status and start a book tree. If all goes well, you get 36 books. So far, I’ve gotten three. I really hope it keeps going and I get more.
Today I have been on my couch for most of the day. I never get jet lag when I fly to California, but flying back home knocks me on my ass for the first few days. I needed the ten days in California though. Seriously needed them. When I left here I was sad, I was tired, and I was not getting much work done. I went to California and got time with my muffin and my family, I got sunshine, and I got to see a lot of people who I had not seen in awhile. I may be tired right now, but since I was able to get some work done and recharge, I know that the rest of the week will be a good one (fingers crossed).
The challenge for this week is actually something that I have already started: A tradition that I would like to start with my family one day. The tradition that I would like to start with my family is to travel for the holidays. I have not been home for a Thanksgiving in five years. I usually take that week off to travel somewhere. Scotland, Estonia, Paris. That is something that I would like to continue doing. I am happiest when I am traveling, and it is something that I would love to share with my own little family one day (and my own little family will be my dog). This also allows me to cross something off of my list of things to do before I turn 30. I love new traditions, and I especially love new traditions that allow me to travel.
- Learn how to drive in the UK.
Present at an academic conference Start a new tradition Go back to therapy
- Visit three new countries (1/3 done with my trip to Malta)
- Ride in a hot air balloon
Quit the tutoring centre
- Volunteer for a literacy programme
Read a book that has more than 500 pages Make my bed everyday for at least three months
- Have a solid draft of my thesis completed
- Master scorpion pose
Attend the symphony
- Learn a rap song from start to finish
Host a dinner party
- Create a budget so I can pay down my student loans
- Create something original
- Create a solid workout regime
- Go on a long hike (6 miles or more)
- Learn to dance
- Eat an exotic meal
- Learn to cook a fancy meal
Yell at a football match
- Go horseback riding
- Master British spelling and punctuation
- Create a good sleep schedule
- See my favorite group in concert
- Fall in love
- Stop holding grudges
- Let go of my expectations