I have been 29 for two weeks now, and am just now getting around to posting my list of 30 things I would like to do before I turn 30. Part of it is because I am sick right now and leaking so much snot that it is hard for me to focus on anything, and part of it is that I am trying to play catch-up with work after my three week break in California. I made a massive error and waited too long to schedule some of my data collection. My supervisors have told me that I have to be pushy and get what I can, and they have added a due date for the draft of the first chapter of my thesis. I am trying really hard not to stress, but I have a feeling that I am about to be a basket case.
I wish I had not given up eating chocolate.
The list is a good mini distraction from all of the work that needs to be done this week.
So, in no particular order, here are the 30 things I would like to do before I turn 30:
- Learn how to drive in the UK.
- Present at an academic conference
- Start a new tradition
- Go back to therapy
- Visit three new countries
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Quit the tutoring centre
- Volunteer for a literacy programme
- Read a book that has more than 500 pages
- Make my bed everyday for at least three months
- Have a solid draft of my thesis completed
- Master scorpion pose
- Attend the symphony
- Learn a rap song from start to finish
- Host a dinner party
- Create a budget so I can pay down my student loans
- Create something original
- Create a solid workout regime
- Go on a long hike (6 miles or more)
- Learn to dance
- Eat an exotic meal
- Learn to cook a fancy meal
- Yell at a football match
- Go horseback riding
- Master British spelling and punctuation
- Create a good sleep schedule
- See my favorite group in concert
- Fall in love
- Stop holding grudges
- Let go of my expectations
I have 349 days to make this happen. I’m excited because on the 6th of April and the 30th of June I will be able to cross number 2 off the list, and I am two weeks into number ten. I’m not holding out much hope for number 20, but hey, stranger things have happened.